A change in lifestyle has made a significant difference to my patients who suffer from Osteoarthritis or OA. This can help you too. I suggest the following lifestyle routines;
- Be active, do regular optimal exercises without damaging the joints further. Ask your doctor to prescribe you a tailor made home exercise routine. Water exercises, such as swimming are extremely helpful.
- Applying heat and cold as per your preference.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Resting is a good idea for your joints if they pain. Exercise optimally.
- Lose weight if you are overweight. Losing weight may prevent, reverse & delay the OA process.
- Supporting the joints may protect the joints from further damage.
- Making changes around your house in terms of staircases and other things that put strain on your joints will help in reducing some stress off your joints thus relieving some of the joint pains.
- Work sometimes, can cause stress in joints, you then have to adjust your work area or change work schedule.